The ‘wide-leg adductor’ stretch is great for stretches Hamstring Strain, Groin Strain or Piriformis Syndrome.
- You can either rest against a gym ball to support your back or lean against a wall.
- Sit with your legs wide apart. Whilst keeping your back straight lean forward.
- To increase the intensity of the stretch move your legs further apart.
Maga Therapy Top Tips When Stretching.
- The best way to achieve the fullest potential of the stretch for your muscles is to start to listen to and ‘feel’ the stretch in your back, some areas might be tighter than others.
- If you can feel an area of tightness repeat the appropriate exercise from the above list, going into the stretch slowly and ‘feel’ it release. Breathe deeply & don’t hold your breath.
- Pinpointing the area and focusing your mind on it will greatly help achieving a deep and relaxing stretch
- Check with GP prior to stretching.