Maga Therapy recommends regular stretching to maintain good joint and muscle health!
How To Perform Lower Back Stretch.
- Lie flat on your back. Keeping head and neck relaxed, place both feet on the floor with knees bent.
- Keeping knees together, drop both knees slowly over to one side towards the floor. Come back to the centre & repeat on other side.
- For a stronger stretch, bring knees to chest before dropping gently down to one side, & turn head slowly in the opposite direction.
- Hold each position for 10-15 seconds.
This lower back stretch is perfect if you experience lower back pain.
Maga Therapy Tip Tips When Stretching
- The best way to achieve the fullest potential of the stretch for your muscles is to start to listen to and ‘feel’ the stretch in your back, some areas might be tighter than others.
- If you can feel an area of tightness repeat the appropriate exercise from the above list, going into the stretch slowly and ‘feel’ it release. Breathe deeply & don’t hold your breath.
- Pinpointing the area and focusing your mind on it will greatly help achieving a deep and relaxing stretch.